[gui-talk] Fw: [gps-talkusers] NavPal Needs Assessment

Beth Wright beth.wright at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 3 14:21:31 UTC 2011

Found this on the Gps-Talk list.

Beth
----- Original Message -----
From: Spero Pipakis
To: gps-talkusers at freelists.org
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 8:58 AM
Subject: [gps-talkusers] NavPal Needs Assessment

Fellow listers,

I was asked to forward this to interested parties.  If you are interested in participating, please act fast since there is a deadline.  For more information, contact Ermine.

Spero

This year, researchers from the TechBridgeWorld and rCommerce groups at Carnegie Mellon University are requesting our help as they develop a personalized navigation aid for smart mobile phones called NavPal. The NavPal project hopes to make navigation easier for visually impaired and deafblind individuals.

Researchers are currently seeking participants to help them learn about navigation and localization experiences for visually impaired or deafblind individuals, as well as identify features that are most important to potential users of this phone application. They would like to interview visually impaired and deafblind individuals, as well as staff who interact with the visually impaired and deafblind.

Interviews can be conducted in person or over the phone. Researchers also have an online survey option. In-person and telephone interviews will last about 1 hour, and the online option consists of 5 surveys which will take approximately 10-15 minutes each to complete.

If you are interested in participating, please contact Ermine Teves at eteves at cs.cmu.edu or 412-268-1289 no later than Friday, June 10. She will then follow up with you with more information on how to participate.

We hope that this project will be truly beneficial to you and other individuals and lead to a strong collaboration between our organization, Carnegie Mellon University, and other participating organizations, including the Western Pennsylvania School for Blind Children and the Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf. I hope you all will enjoy participating in and contributing to this project.

Ermine Teves

Project Assistant

TechBridgeWorld

Carnegie Mellon University