[gui-talk] 64 bit Internet Explorer

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 19:12:20 UTC 2011

I don't know if this holds true for 64 bit or just Windows 7, but IE
using either or both of those is sure faster. There's a Dallas radio
station I listen to when home from work, and that station opens up in
a new tab page and then starts streaming. On Windows XP it took a few
seconds for the page to open and the stream to start, but on Windows
7, the stream starts right when the new page opens. Not sure if this
is helpful, but it seems that 64 bit versions of software handle RAM
better and other background processes than 32 bit.

Jmt,
Wayne