[gui-talk] Fwd: 21 Window-Eyes Apps updated

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Feb 23 05:46:14 UTC 2011

From:  Jeff Weiss jnweiss at lwsb.org

Over the past week or so, I have updated all 21 of my apps.
I have added support for the Window-Eyes app menu, and have added some delays to the speak commands in the apps.
Thank you to those of you that sent in corrections and helpful suggestions!

Please note that the Apps Active package, replaces my earlier
Script Active package.
If you install Apps Active, be sure to remove the Script Active package.

Below is a list of all of my apps by category with the version number,
hotkey, and a description of each app:

Utilities:

Browse Mode Status
version 1.1
control-alt-shift-a
Give a report of the browse mode status, and, if possible, reload the buffer.

Free Space
version 1.4
insert-shift-f
Get free space and other info on any available drive.

Hush Now
version 1.2
f12
Silence speech quickly.

Refresh Sets
version 1.2
control-alt-shift-r
Reload all of the active set files, make sure speech is turned on, and
if the active synthesizer was accidentally set to none, it will be changed to DecTalk Access 32 Window-Eyes synthesizer.

Roman Numerals
version 1.2
control-windows-r
Convert Arabic numbers to Roman numerals or Roman to Arabic.

Text To Clip
version 1.5
alt-windows-t
Store text files, that you often need to paste, in a special directory.
Then you can select these files from a list and paste or copy them into your work.

App and Script Related Apps:

Apps Active--formerly known as Script Active
version 2.0
control-alt-shift-n
See how many apps are active when Window-Eyes is started,
then see a list of any additional apps which have been started after the initial launch of Window-eyes.

Error List
version 1.4
control-insert-e
Generate a list of known VBScript errors.

WE Hotkeys
version 1.1
insert-h
Display a list of all of the defined hotkeys in the active set file.

WEPM Info
version 1.2
insert-w
Display information about app packages on your computer.

Christian Apps:

Daily Blessings
version 1.6
shift-insert-g
Press a key to see a Christian message each day of the year.

God's Valentine
version 1.1
shift-insert-v
Display a random Christian message.

Prayer for the Day
version 1.1
shift-windows-p
Display a Christian message each day of the month.

Promises of God
version 1.1
control-alt-windows-p
Display messages about several of God's promises.

Twelve Gifts
version 1.1
shift-insert-t
Learn more about God's gifts to Christians.

Game Apps:

Lunar Lander
version 1.2
control-alt-shift-l
See if you can make a soft landing on the Moon!
Use your skill to burn just the right amount of fuel to land safely.

Mission Impossible
version 1.3
control-alt-shift-i
Just for fun! Try it out!

Play Back
version 1.3
control-alt-shift-p
Test your ability to remember a series of numbers.

Spelling Test
version 1.5
alt-windows-s
Pick words from 20 categories, and see if you can correct mis-spelled words.

States Game
version 1.3
control-alt-shift-s
Check out your knowledge of the 50 United States of America.
Can you name them all?
Do you know the capitals?
How about the abbreviations for each state?

Word Scramble
version 1.5
shift-insert-w
Choose a category, and see if you can unscramble the letters to figure out the words.

I hope you enjoy these apps. I certainly enjoyed writing them!

Jeff Weiss

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com