[gui-talk] Outlook 2010 Email Archives

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Feb 12 19:03:17 UTC 2011

Hello, everyone.

I received a new 64-bit Windows 7 machine for Christmas with Office 2010.  I
began using Outlook 2010 for my email almost immediately.  I had Office 2007
on my old 32-bit XP machine but was using Outlook Express for my email
client.  I used Outlook 2007 to convert the Outlook Express
messages/folders/addressbook to an Outlook data archive and transferred it
to the new 64-bit machine.  Outlook 2010 reads it just fine.  My question is
this:  how do I merge the archive I transferred with the one created on the
new machine.  Alternatively, how do I get the addresses available in the
archive I transferred into the new archive?  Having the message folders
merged isn't as important as having my addresses available.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Freeman