[gui-talk] Gmail and odd thing happening with jaws 12

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 05:04:36 UTC 2011

Not sure if you've gotten any replies to this yet,so here's my 2
cents. First, if you can use Gmail in Basic HTML just fine, then you
might just go with that. If you want to spell check your messages
before sending them, then try writing them in Word or another word
processor with a spell checker first, check the spelling there, and
then select, cut and paste the message into Gmail for sending. This is
more steps then doing it in the browser, but for many blind people,
this is what they have to do. Regarding the trouble with IE 9, this
could be an issue with the browser more than with JAWS. I have not
updated to IE 9 yet so am still using version 8. However, when the
browser starts getting buggy or stops responding like I know it
should, often closing everything and then opening it back up again or
doing a computer restart fixes the issue. Have you done any sort of
problem solving steps, such as these, or perhaps closing and reloading
JAWS?

Hth,
Wayne