[gui-talk] losing sound in Windows 7

Hoffman, Allen Allen.Hoffman at HQ.DHS.GOV
Mon Dec 5 14:16:12 UTC 2011

It appears from this thread and my experience so far that:
1.        Losing sound is not directly attributable to a specific screen
reader, TTS, or version of either.
2.       Not related to 32-64 bit versions.

I have yet to attempt an exhaustive diagnosis, but have noticed this
behavior starting in the past couple weeks on a system which was new in
July.  Of course since July many updates have taken place.

I do see numerous graphics card subsystem errors without associated
recommended solutions in the Windows monitoring reports, and my sounds
comes out the HDMI ports.

To me this seems a critical path bug as I can't effectively save work
and shut down/reboot without risk when this happens unless I find
assistance.

Does anyone know the official Microsoft bug number to track this issue
with?

I certainly hope we can prevent this from happening at work.

I am using flash v11.x now, anyone using older flash still and having
this issue?
I haven't been able to connect loss of sound with any particular app yet
but have suspicions of flash or possibly flash getting used by other
multimedia apps.

Allen Hoffman