[gui-talk] help getting extra voices for Windows version of Blio

Beth Wright beth.wright at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 23 11:02:22 UTC 2011

Hi, folks.

Just downloaded the latest version of Blio for Windows.  Although I use
WindowEyes rather than Jaws, it seems to be working fairly well.  However,
when it starts to read the book aloud, instead of using the WindowEyes
DEC-Talk voice, it switches to one of those three Microsoft voices, and
those are the only choices I seem to have.  I guess the WindowEyes voice
isn't the right kind of synthesizer to work with Blio.  Anyway, I heard
something about being able to purchase other voices, but don't know where to
look.  The Blio bookstore doesn't seem to display too well in WindowEyes,
but I can get around that problem by buying from the mobile web site.  I can
find several voices for the Blio iPhone app in the iTunes store, but don't
where to locate the Windows voices.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Beth Wright