[gui-talk] turn of smart tags.

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Aug 18 21:17:31 UTC 2011

Ed,

The easiest way to do this is to open up Word first.  Window-Eyes will bring you more quickly to the settings for Word if it is open.

1. press INSERT together with "V" to bring up the verbosity menu.  You should hear somethinglike "Settings, Word Closed".

2.  Press the right arrow to expand or open the Word settings unless it is already expanded.

3.  Press DOWN ARROW until you hear Miscelaneous.

4.  Once there, tab until you get to the "Speak Smart Tags" check box and uncheck it by pressing the SPACE bar.

5.  Continue tabbing until you get to the "Save settings" button.  Press SPACE to save your change and press ESCAPE to get back to where you were.

If you do not have Word open when you press INSERT-V, you will need to navigate the tree until you find Office and then word.  This is a tree view in
receng versions so you simply expand them with the RIGHT ARROW key.  These settings are in the older versions of Window-Eyes as well but they are
arranged differently.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson