[gui-talk] did anyone see this coming?

Hoffman, Allen Allen.Hoffman at dhs.gov
Thu Aug 18 17:30:22 UTC 2011

Wow, interesting reactions from folks.
Seems like folks are jumping to conclusions about guilt or innocents
without a lot of information.
I'd have to say Mark hits this on the head--is it likely the blind man
stole porn--maybe he resells it.  there is, in some circles, a
perception that I'm blind so should be able to copy stuff since it
wasn't accessible in the first place.  I'm sure on a purely ethical
level it is not ethical to break the law--however consider for some
things, if the government won't watch out for equal access rights, why
should something be covered by government protections anyway?  I'm sure
if the guy goes to court over this issue it could be an interesting
experience and we should all pay attention to the outcome.  For me,
listening to women's tennis matches would be about the equivalent to any
audio of a porn movie any how!  Ha.