[gui-talk] Strange problem with Excel 2003

alvin blazik ablazik at verizon.net
Thu Aug 11 12:14:56 UTC 2011

WindowEyes uses set files to control program functions. JAWS uses configuration files for the same
purpose.

The Excel set file defines actions to be taken when certain keystrokes are used. The Up and Down
arrows were defined with "line" as their first action, while the Left and Right arrow keys were
defined with "character after". I changed that definition to line and now when I Up, down, left or
right arrow the contents of the cell are read aloud.

It makes sense that JAWS needs the same kind of definitions, but my knowlege stops at configuration
files.