[gui-talk] Microsoft security essentials and Windows 7

Don H lmddh50 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 11:33:36 UTC 2011

I am running windows 7 64 bit home premium and using Microsoft Security
Essentials for my antivirus.
The only way I get updates for Security Essentials is through Windows
Update where if I check once or twice daily there is a optional update
available for the virus definitions.  I then have to check the box for
the update and install it.
I also have Security Essentials installed on my Vista laptop and it
updates itself automatically and nothing ever shows with windows update
for definition updates.
Why doesn't Security Essentials automatically update itself under
Windows 7 or is there some setting I need to change?