[gui-talk] Fwd: GW Micro, Inc. Announces Training Collaboration with Microsoft, Inc.

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Thu Sep 30 13:26:48 UTC 2010

From:	jeremy at gwmicro.com
To:	gw-info at gwmicro.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GW Micro, Inc. Announces Training Collaboration with Microsoft, Inc.

Fort Wayne, Indiana (September 30, 2010) - GW Micro, Inc. (www.gwmicro.com)
is excited to announce a training collaboration with Microsoft, Inc.
(Nasdaq “MSFT”) at the Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA this week.

GW Micro instructors will provide training for Window-Eyes -- a screen
reading program that provides speech and Braille output to blind and
visually impaired users) to Microsoft employees responsible for testing
adaptive technologies with Microsoft products.

“This is an important step forward,” said Jeremy Curry, Director of
Training for GW Micro.  Curry, visually impaired himself, sees this as
a huge opportunity to help millions of blind and visually impaired
people.   “By helping Microsoft make their software accessible out of
the box will mean more jobs for blind and visually impaired people.
Since the blind and visually impaired currently suffer from a 70%
underemployment or unemployment rate, this type of training will
ultimately help bring that number down, and lead to more fulfilling
lives for people with visual impairments.”  Doug Geoffray, Vice
President of Development for GW Micro will also be present.“We are
fortunate to have GW Micro provide us with their expertise,” said Dan
Hubbell, Assistive Technology Evangelist for Microsoft.  “Microsoft is
committed to making its technology accessible to people with disabilities,
and through our partnership with GW Micro we are able to provide our
testers with hands-on opportunities like this that will better equip
Microsoft to provide accessible software.”

GW Micro has been a trusted pioneer in the adaptive technology industry
since 1990, and continues to lead with innovative, customer driven
solutions.

Founded in 1975, Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software,
services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their
full potential.

Contact:
Jeremy Curry, Director of Training
jeremy at gwmicro.com