[gui-talk] Fwd: Internet commentary of the New Zealand goalball nationals.

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Mon Sep 27 11:32:19 UTC 2010

 From:    David Truong davidtruong at optusnet.com.au
 To:      Freelists VIP-L vip-l at freelists.org

Hi There,

At this year's New Zealand Goalball Nationals,  I'm playing for the West
Island Wombats. We are the only Aussie representation and our team is as
follows:

#1 - John Tongalea

#2 - Rob Christani

#3 - Barry Bailey

#4 - Hamish McKenzie (captain)

#5 - Marco Curralejo

#6 - David Truong

Coach - Lindsay Heaven

Manager - Peter Loh

So if you want to keep up to date on our progress or lack of it :). Then
the below message should help.

Sent: Monday, 27 September 2010 7:21 AM

hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that we are once again having internet audio
commentaries of the New Zealand goalball nationals being held in
Christchurch on Friday 1 October through to late afternoon on Sunday 3
October.

there will be 3 women's teams and 5 men's teams competing.

to listen to the commentaries you can either go to

http://www.pressakey.net/sports

and press number 1 to move to the right area.  if that doesn't work then
find the link for the NZ nationals and enter on it.  This will take you to
the accessible sports arena.  If this is your first time there you need to
download a small programme that allows you to listen to the commentaries.
you then will be asked for a user name and password.  You don't have to put
a password in, just leave it blank and hit enter on log in.
then you should hear what's going on.

the direct link details for going straight to the accessible sports arena
are as follows:

The Audio Network and Accessible World will be teaming up to bring you live
coverage of all three days, plus an audio archive of the games you might
have missed too!

Here is how to listen.

Go to http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs97b7abfbc5c2

- this is the direct link to the Accessible World Sports Arena. The
Accessible World Sports Arena is an audio chat room, where you can listen
to the games, and if you wish, you can also text chat with other listeners
during the games.

When you go to this page, there are two things you need to remember.

1) If this is your first time using the chat room, you need to install the
small (and very safe) little program that can be found here -
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/webconferenceplugin.exe - This is the
program that allows your computer to listen and chat with Accessible World.
This program is bug free, and will not affect any other program on your
computer. You only have to do this on your first visit. Once you have done
it, you don't need to do it again.

2) When you enter the chat room, it will ask you for a user name and a
password. This broadcast is nto password protected, you do not need a
password. Simply enter your name, and leave the password field blank.

If you are wanting to listen to the archives, please go to
http://www.pressakey.net/sports/menu.php  - there are over 350 goalball
games in the archive already, including the Aussie and NZ Nationals from
2009. The archive of this tournament will usually be available the day
after the games has been played live.

Regards

Dennis

Regards Steve