[gui-talk] Fwd: new Window-Eyes script: Roman Numerals

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 21 14:59:47 UTC 2010

This script is available at www.gwmicro.com/sc.  -Steve.

From:	Jeff Weiss

I have just released a new script called Roman Numerals.

The help text is listed below:

Press Control-Windows-R to launch the Roman numerals dialog.

You can convert an Arabic number to a roman numeral, or a Roman numeral
to an Arabic number. You can only work with positive integers from 1 to
3999.

When entering a Roman numeral, please take care to enter these in the
correct format:

1. At most, you can have three of the same letter in a row--such as XXX for 30.
2. When you add to a number, the smaller number is to the right--such as XXXV for 30 plus 5 which is 35.
3. When you subtract from a number, the smaller number is to the left--such as
IV for 5 minus 1 which is 4,
or Ix for ten minus 1 which is 9.
When you get the result of the conversion, you can press Ok or escape to return to the dialog,
or c to copy the conversion message to the clipboard. ]]>

I attempted to upload this script a few days ago, but I had a little "Oops".

If you tried it before, please try it again.

I just posted version 1.1 of my Roman Numerals script. I had to move
some code around to prevent crashes. Try it out.

Thanks,
Jeff Weiss

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net