[gui-talk] Open Book 9

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Fri Sep 17 15:31:01 UTC 2010

I just started using OB 9 with the Pearl camera, and it's great. Don't
know exactly what you want to know, but I have just started, and have
only scratched the surface.  In the beginning, I had an issue with OB
not seeing the Pearl.  Fortunately, I was being assisted by one of our
techs, and he shut down the PC and plugged the Pearl into a different
USB port.  After rebooting Windows recognized the device, as well as OB.
The problem was that the Pearl was not originally plugged into a USB 2.0
port.  You must do this because the Pearl needs power, and gets its
power from the USB port. Otherwise, the installation and setup was as
easy as pie.

Andy