[gui-talk] Conferenceing software

Brian Blair brianblair at polarblairs.org
Fri Sep 10 23:32:31 UTC 2010

We're exploring the feasibility of live streaming our Alaska state NFB
convention in October. Do you have any suggestions for a good speech
friendly application for providing the stream and speech friendly access for
those wanting to hear it?  I've thought about a Skype group but have never
tried that.  I've done some conferencing with Skype but at this time I
suspect it would be difficult to have them interact with the on site
participants.

I've thought about Winamp Shoutcast but I believe that could likely use up
more bandwidth than we could have from the hotel.

Brian Blair