[gui-talk] Questions

Debbi Williamson debbi107 at atlanticbb.net
Thu Sep 2 23:24:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a computer running Windows XP Professional and JAWS 11.  I am having
a few problems that I hope you all can help me sort out.  The two most
annoying are these:

I used to use Ad Aware quite succesfully but haven't thought to run it since
I upgraded to JFW 11 which hasn't been that long ago.  I am sure my version
of Ad Aware is old--maybe 1.6 is the version number.  I can't seem to get
the JAWS scripts to install in JAWS 11 so I can't seem to run the program
effectively.  Any thoughts?

Also, I tried to install Firefox a few days ago.  What keeps coming up as
the start page is the google search page.  I can't seem to change it.  Also,
can't seem to get some add-ons (or whatever they re called) to install.  I
got so frustrated I uninstalled Firefox.  But, I think I'd really like to
use it.  Also, where Cn I get keyboard commands?  Thanks.