[gui-talk] CCleaner Version 3.0 is Released!

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 30 04:02:13 UTC 2010

CCleaner 3.0 has recently been released and it is still accessible.  The
direct link to download the latest version of CCleaner without the Yahoo!
toolbar is

www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim

Below is some information about this version from the Piriform blog.
-Steve.

Since its initial release in 2004, CCleaner has been the market-leading
cleaning tool for Windows PCs. We are proud to announce the release of
CCleaner v3.0! This release includes a multitude of features and changes,
but don't worry we haven't changed the interface too much, so you'll
still know how to use it. :)

Changes include:

A new 64-bit native EXE designed specifically for 64-bit systems.
A new Drive Wiper tool screen under the Tools section, which allows users to securely
erase the contents or free space on a specified drive.
Improved support for Internet Explorer 9 and the Google Chrome browsers.
We have also added improved cleaning support for HTML5 database storage, allowing
CCleaner to effectively manage the next generation of web applications.
Additional cleaning support for Microsoft Silverlight Isolated Storage.
We've added three new environment variables (%SystemDirectory%, %SystemDirectory32%,
and %SystemDirectory64%).
New application icon.
New Intelligent cookie keeping feature.
and more...