[gui-talk] Fwd: BAUM Newsflash: New drivers for BAUM and HumanWare Braille displays signed by Freedom Scientific - JAWS 10/11/12 available

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 21 11:58:35 UTC 2010

From: van Weele, Niels N.vanWeele at baum.de

Dear Customer,

The new JAWS-drivers that have been developed by BAUM have only very
recently been digitally signed by Freedom Scientific. Yesterday evening
these drivers have been released by BAUM.

These drivers are running with JAWS 10, 11 and 12 (the latter only
available in english as public beta).

The operating systems supported are Windows XP, Windows VISTA and
Windows 7 (Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit).

These drivers support all current BAUM USB and/or Bluetooth Braille
displays such as SuperVario, SuperVario2, VarioConnect, VarioPro as well
as BAUM organizers Pronto!, but also HumanWare Brailliants and
BrailleConnects.

The older Braille displays BAUM DM 80 and BAUM VARIO (RBT) are not
supported by these drivers as Freedom Scientific prohibits signed driver
support for serial connections and only allows USB and Bluetooth
interfaces.

These drivers can be downloaded from the following english BAUM
website: www.baum.de/cms/en/support/

The download is a ZIP-archive. After unzipping an installation programme
will be found as well as documentation and installation instructions in
both english and german These drivers are a newer version then the
previously announced version amongst our beta-testers. A sporadic
"Assertion error" has been solved and these drivers have been newly
signed by Freedom Scientific. Also a problem with missing key mappings
for the Braille displays has been solved.

We trust to have been of service to you with this information. Should
you have any further questions about this topic, please feel free to
contact your local HumanWare support office or if necessary BAUM
directly.

Additional information: New COBRA 9.1 screen reader / screen magnifier
from BAUM will be released in the next few weeks. Please ask us to keep
you updated about COBRA 9.1 so we can send you a free demo by then, or
ask for a brochure now!

With best regards,
Your BAUM-Team

BAUM Retec AG