[gui-talk] blackberries

Hoffman, Allen Allen.Hoffman at dhs.gov
Tue Oct 5 18:14:50 UTC 2010

The 8520 curve works and there is another model for Oratio.
Web browsing does not work at all.
Camera functions don't work at all.
It does not provide 100% access, and it still is kind of buggy.

Nokia Simbian with Talks is a way better product in my opinion, but if
you require security for your email, it may not do as well.

IPhone is OK in my experience, but very learning intensive-may meet
security requirements soon.

Microsoft Mobile with Mobile Speak is OK, but response is jerky in my
experience-e.g.you hit a key and it sits there for a variable amount of
time.  Camera application doesn't work either.

Android is just plain not ready for prime time in terms of accessibility
yet, but maybe it will get there eventually.  It has great potential if
the right folks get together in the open source world and make it so.

I have not seen accessibility in the Palm world.

Allen Hoffman