[gui-talk] Fwd: a special Attitude Test this week

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 2 07:58:13 UTC 2010

The best way to find out when the Attitude Test can be heard in your
part of the world is to check the program schedule on The Global Voice
home page at www.theglobalvoice.info.  -Steve.

 From:    Chrissie Cochrane chrissie at theglobalvoice.info
 To:      whats on whatson at theglobalvoice.info

In the great big world of literature and information, how many books do you
think come out of the various printing houses each year, but more to the
point, how many of those books are available to blind and visually impaired
people?

A couple of weeks ago Stevie Wonder spoke to the United Nations on this very
subject.

On this week's Attitude Test, we will hear the speech that Mr Wonder gave to
the UN, and then the floor is open for discussion.  Should we be entitled to
be able to read virtually every book that's published?  why are many of the
major publishing houses reluctant to allow books to be available
electronically?  What can we do to help the process, and what can bodies
like the UN do to further this cause?

All this and more on this week's Attitude Test, heard weekly on the Global
Voice at 18:00 UTC, 3 pm Eastern, mid-day Pacific in the US, 7 pm in the UK
and 8 pm in Central Europe.

If you would like to interact with the program, you can by skype at
the.global.voice; by email at yourvoice at theglobalvoice.info, or by using any
of our three phone numbers listed on our website http://theglobalvoice.info.

That's the Attitude Test where discussion and debate are actively
encouraged.

Chrissie
Managing Director; the Global Voice
www.theglobalvoice.info