[gui-talk] Friend just went blind

James Pepper b75205 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 17:49:39 UTC 2010

A friend just lost had his retina detach two days ago in his good eye.So his
sight is now a matter of shadows, he can navigate around his apartment but
reading is impossible now.  He as not exactly a computer person whjen he
could see, and so I was wondering what we should do about him getting
email.  What is your advice on this, which device should he use.  I do not
even think he knows how to touch type .  He has a PC running Windows. XP but
I would have to help him print things and handle his email occasionally when
he could see.

If he had basic computer skils I can help him out there, but this is an old
man and a bit stubborn about learning new things.

James