[gui-talk] new 64 bit computer

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Mon Nov 29 14:11:06 UTC 2010

There is a PC-Pine, and some people run it at the Windows command prompt.

I have run Windows Live (pre-2011 version) on a new 64-bit Windows 7
laptop, and have been able to do a limited amount with it.  I resist the
prompts to update my Windows Live to the 2011 version until Window-Eyes can
support it.

For my wife's new 64-bit computer, I bought Outlook 2007 (extra cost) along
with Office 2007 home and student edition, to use with Window-Eyes.  She
probably wishes I had bought JAWS!

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls