[gui-talk] Fwd: Total Recorder and Keyboard Commands

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Nov 19 03:04:38 UTC 2010

From:    Tony Swartz tbswartz at ptd.net
To:      pc-audio at pc-audio.org

For those using Total Recorder, I'm not sure how many of you are aware that
Total Recorder allows the user to assign a preferred keyboard command to
virtually every function in Total Recorder. For instance, I have stop set to
F5, Play to F6, Record to F7 and so forth.

To assign keyboard commands: open the options menu with Alt O, the first sub
menu under options is Settings. For some screen readers the title of the
first sub menu might not be announced, so use your up and down arrows to
assure yourself that you are at the Settings sub menu, then press enter.
This will open a tree view of setting categories. The 4th one down is short
cuts. Tab once over to a list of Total Recorder functions. Down and up arrow
through the various functions. To assign a keyboard command to a specific
function, highlight the function, then tab over to the press new short cut
key button, press the desired key or combination of keys, then tab over to
the assign button and press spacebar. I find then that I have to tab over a
number of times to get back to the list of functions. If I instead shift tab
to go back to the list, it erases the assignment I've just made. At the end
of making keyboard assignments, tab over to the OK button and press enter or
spacebar to preserve the keyboard assignments.

Thanks,
Tony Swartz

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net