[gui-talk] Blind folks using DARs such as the Grace 2000

Will Smith wilsmith at iglou.com
Tue Nov 16 00:34:12 UTC 2010

I wonder if any blind folks have or have used this digital audio receiver,
capable of receiving thousands of Internet audio streams, including radio
stations, music services like Pandora, and numerous podcasts?  I have
decided to purchase this unit and will report back about it in a few weeks
after I try to use it.  I do have a sighted wife to help get it set up.
There are at least 10 pre-sets, and you can apparently get to any of these
by pressing a sequence of buttons.  Amazon currently sells this unit for
$129 plus tax, 45% off its nominal retail price.  I know there will be
limitations for those of us who are blind, but I wonder if could be used
successfully much of the time.  Anyone with any  experience or thoughts on
this will be most helpful to the rest of us if they will speak up here.

Will
wilsmith at iglou.com