[gui-talk] Windows XP to Windows 7?

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Nov 15 07:55:34 UTC 2010

Steve and Mike, I am probably to late, because I am behind.  Steve, I
have a 64 bit machine at work, and haven't had problems.  For some
tasks it is really fast, and I think because of extra memory etc., it
is able to break things off in threads and do a couple things at a
time better.  Things that would have bogged down my old XP machine,
go without a hick up.

Mike, Steve and Curtis have given you good advice.  The thing I miss
most about Windows 7 is no My Computer.  I have never really liked
Windows Explorer -- but now that is all there is.  I am trying to get
into the habit of searching for programs, instead of menus, and it
does work well, when I remember to do it.

I feel one more level away from stuff in Windows 7, which I don't
like -- and I know Curtis doesn't either, but that is the trend and
probably nothing I can do.

Dave

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920