[gui-talk] Fwd: 2 more excellent accessible pieces of Mac software

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri May 28 12:50:03 UTC 2010

 From:    Dane Trethowan grtdane at internode.on.net
 To:      vip-l freelists vip-l at freelists.org

Hi everyone!

Djay 3 - the audio DJ software for the Mac is now available with more
enhancements than I can describe here.  Upgrade cost for existing
users for a short time is $28.00 U.S.

I'm keen to try out the Djay app for the Iphone/Ipad/Ipod Touch which
allows full remote control of the Djay package from your Iphone etc,
that will be truly amazing if the app turns out to be as accessible as
the Djay software for the Mac is.

Second piece of software is a product called Knox, want to keep things
nice and secure, incripted, password protected and away from prying eyes
on your Mac? Then Knox is the application to do it and again, its very nicely
accessible, Knox comes to you from the developers of the excellent 1 Password
software.

Knox can store your data in a variety of different ways, you can have it
stored in a file which you can transfer to other Mac's using Knox or
your Iphone using the Knox app or you can create a structured and
formatted Knox volume on your hard drive, the choice is yours.  Been
playing with Knox for about half an hour and already I can see myself
using this application widely, for example should your computer be
stolen and you don't want credit card information, passwords and so on
to fall into the wrong hands, you want to keep those memorable photos of
the family barbecue safely stored away, you can upload the file
containing the secured data to a backup service for example for safe
keeping, I'd like to see some automated functions which could update
such things in future versions of Knox so I'll put that to the developers.

As I already own one of the products from the people who develop
Knox, I'm entitled to a 50% discounted price on the purchase, you can
find out more about Knox and 1 Password by going to http://www.1password.com
and you'll see other products made by the company.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com
Skype:  steve1963