[gui-talk] Fwd: access to cakewalk sonar's many plug-ins for Window-Eyes Users

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Tue May 11 01:14:54 UTC 2010

If you're interested in this please make sure you write to Chris
directly at cb1963 at sbcglobal.net.  Also all prices are in US dollars.
-Steve.

 From:    Chris Belle cb1963 at sbcglobal.net

Hey you all,

I'd like to put my humble services before you and test the waters as
to possible interest and viability.

Some of you know me, my name is Chris Belle and I've been causing
trouble, errr, I mean being helpful and productive and working with
people in and around and about the recording arena and computer
technology for more years than I'd like to think about 'grin'.

Well, for those of you who might be using cakewalk sonar, which is my
daw of choice, what we've always lacked in the window-eyes world is
easy access to the plug-ins.
We have basic access to the main app, but not the vst or dxi stuff natively.
That's where the true power of sonar is.

Many of these are very graphical, with no way to easily get to
sliders and buttons, and this is something that jaws users enjoy with
caketalk and jsonar with custom scripting with hotspot clicker.
Hotspot clicker has it's limitations too.
I have been working with gwmicro to perfect it's own hotspot and it's
coming along nicely, but in the mean time,
I've been using another  third party tool and
my knowledge of sonar to script very easily portable scripts for the
various plug-ins in sonar, such as the sonitus compressor, equalizer,
sessiondrummer3, etc.

So far, I've done sessiondrummer 3, which has a 12th channel mixer,
and a graphical drum kit, it's completely and easily accessible for a
blind person with window-eyes now.

Display resolution doesn't matter, this tool I'm using seems to very
gracefully handle this.

Now what I'm getting at is that I want to offer these scripts for
others not for free, but for a very low price.

But I don't want to get in to a lot of hand holding, and support issues,
I want to reasonably support these products, but I want to offer the
benefit of my hard work to others to help bridge the gap for us, and
do it so anyone can afford it.

I was thinking something like $10 a plug-in.

Well, my plug-ins will have custom help, menus, and hot keys and hot strings.

Hotstring are cool, because you can type a word or part of a word,
followed by an ending character such as period or enter and then
trigger the action.

Say you want to go to the 10th pan pot on sessiondrummer3 you type
p10. and there you are, you  have focus and you can move the slider
with the arrow keys.

Imagine having to do that for about 150 controls finding them manually.

Same for playing midi patterns, or routing to the different pads to
load different samples.

How about hitting ts. for threshold slider and being right there, and
then rs. for ratio slider for a compressor, and then jumping over to
your output meters or makeup gain to see how the compressor is
affecting the signal.

The nice thing is that these scripts will watch for the window your
in and sit quietly and not do anything till your in the right window.

It couldn't be easier to install these scripts, just run the
executable and it's working.

Completely screen-reader independant, but they make a beautiful
companion for our fine screen-reader we all love.

And it doesn't matter which version of we you are running or whether
scripting is on or off.

Anyway, what I have to offer so far is
sessiondrummer 3, the sfz soundfont and sample player, both the
internal and stand alone versions for sonar 6 and beyond,
the sonitus compressor, and just for fun and testing, I did malware
bytes to do a few actions
that require multiple mouse clicks quickly.

Oh yeh, and antares autotune evo has a basic script too.

Anyway, I was approached by someone privately off this list who
expressed interest and said it was worth something to him, and so not
a programmer by nature, I've taken on the challenge of making those
of us who love to work with audio
and love to use we a little easier.

If I get enough interest, I'll start making this available, if not,
I'll shut up and go away, and do it for myself.

Blessing from us here at
Affordable Studio Services.

Chris Belle

         WARNING!!!

This email could contain innocent phrases which, if taken out of
context, or read from an existing inclination to be hostile, or an
overly politically correct world view could induce cursing, abusive
language, or other indications of less than desirable behavior in a
public venue.
No ill will is intended.
The sender takes no responsibility for mis-interpretation or
otherwise extrapolated extended meaning, intent, or purposes implied
or imagined from said phrases.
The receiver of any such email containing such phrases is solely
responsible for good
interpretation and intelligent deployment of subsequent responses to
the above communication.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com