[gui-talk] Fwd: App for Mac, Vijournal

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat May 8 05:55:19 UTC 2010

 From:    Dane Trethowan grtdane at internode.on.net

So, has anyone thought of keeping a diary or a journal of their life or events that happen from day-to-day? Here's the perfect tool with which to do just htat, go to http://www.skoobysoft.com/ and download the trial of Vijournal.

Firstly and most pleasantly, this software seems to be fully accessible which is nice but that's the touch of the Mac isn't it, most software titles one downloads these days are pretty usable without any tweaking <smile>.

Interface is well laid out in a table, the current month your looking at or writing an entry in expands and the entries in that month are sorted by date, Voiceover reads out each date when browsing through the table.

So that's as far as I've gone thus far and I've created my first entry for 6 May, not that my diary will be a part of history but you get the idea, a valuable reference tool if you want to look back on events or even to organise your own life a little, Vijournal comes with other tools to help, suppose you've had your car serviced on such and such a date and such and such a time, have Vijournal keep track of it so you can see how many days have elapsed since the last service, take notes relating to this and so on.

Vijournal can be purchased for around $30.00 Australian and the trial version - whilst fully functional - restricts the user to 30 entries before it stops working.

Forgot to mention that a version is also available for the Iphone, Don't know how accessible this app is yet but I'll certainly try it, app is $05.00.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com
Skype:  steve1963