[gui-talk] How to make headers in a Word 2000 document?

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 01:21:33 UTC 2010

Hi Joel --
Do you mean creating a custom line to appear at the top of each page? or do
you mean the nested headers or titles to sections or chapters of the
document?

If the latter, if I am remembering correctly, try going to a blank line and
typing the string you want to be in the header, then select that whole line
by itself, then type control+alt+1 for a header at the top level, or
control+alt+2 for a header at nesting level 2, and so on up to 6 I think --
it may be higher.
The command will modify the text you have highlighted so it has the font and
paragraph attributes of that header level.  Now I have no idea how to
specify or change those attributes -- there is probably a set of default
values in the current template.

Is this what you are looking for?

Happy typing.
--le