[gui-talk] Fwd: new version of MS Word script for Window-eyes

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 29 04:42:17 UTC 2010

 From:    Chip Orange lists3717 at comcast.net
 To:      gw-info at gwmicro.com

Hi all,

just wanted to let you know that there is a new version of the MS Word
script available, but it requires the new 7.2 beta.  Also, because of the
beta, it will not be shown to you as an update if you are using the "install
packages" script to check for new updates.  in that case, you will have to
go to it's web page at:

http://gwmicro.com/scripts/ms_word

I am not sure what's happening if you have the scripts update feature turned
on; since it's set to require 7.2 or later, I'm not sure if the beta is
registering with it as 7.2 or not.

This new version has fixed bugs related to reading of table row and column
headers, and has added an option to the scripts menu choice of the WE
control panel, which takes you directly to the  tables settings so of the
Word set file, so that you can set the reading of headers as you like.

It will read headers which are the first row or the first column, or, only
when Word has the header row attribute turned on for a row, or if you have
placed specially named bookmarks in the row or the column which is the
header.  using this latter method, you could have something other than the
first row or left column be the header which is read each time you move
around.  this has been a proposed standard for accessible Word documents for
many years, and you will still come across it occasionally in documents
which instruct in how to create accessible Word documents.

If you have a particular problem where you cannot make Word operate in the
way you need, don't hesitate to drop me a line and let me know about it.

acorange at comcast.net

enjoy,

Chip

Regards Steve