[gui-talk] can't download files

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Tue Mar 16 12:30:46 UTC 2010

Hi list members Ken here with a question.  I have dial up, and so I  don't
do it often, but Have previously downloaded a few songs to my  computer.
Today, however, I've discovered the dial up connection will no  longer go fast
enough.  I tried to download a 4.3 MB song and using  Internet explorer I
got a time leftand a correct size.  The file was  downloading at 8.7 KB a
second.  Went to the bathroom and came back, and  when I came back and started
NVDA, I found the dialog had closed.  The  machine must be coming to a
complete stop and thinks Oops Finished.  It  didn't do this before.  I have 21
songs in my library in windows media  player.  This seems to be happening only
recently.  Why all of the  suden is my computer coming to a stop now?
Guess I can't even download an  update Ccleaner, or NVDA if it can't even
download a 4 MB song Huh.  I have  the modem set to the highest setting.  Any
suggestions on what to do until  I can get off this crappy dialup?

I Pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind, to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the
blind; to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by its
constitution.