[gui-talk] urgent help for Vista and Word7

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 05:55:12 UTC 2010

Greetings all --
I am trying to help my mother retrieve a 15 page document that she claims
just disappeared -- or at least all but the first paragraph disappeared --
when she went to read her email while editing this document.
She is only running Word7 and Windows Mail.

I have tried to calm her down by reminding her that Microsoft is usually
good about prompting you when you are about to delete something, but she
says it did not prompt her.
I tried control+z to undo her last edit command and got some jibberish.
I tried pasting the contents of the clipboard but that didn't work.
She just now says that she checked the recycle bin and it's not there.

Anyway, you get the idea.  My thought, as I grasp for the last straws is
that Word must have a way of saving and retrieving edit commands, especially
if the document hasn't been saved.

Can anyone please give me a suggestion what to try? We are at our wits end.
Is there something about windows mail that zaps things? where could 14 pages
of text have gone?

Thanks very much in advance!
--le