[gui-talk] reading bookshare.org books on the MLS player through a flash drive

Dean Martineau dean at topdotenterprises.com
Tue Jun 15 09:14:46 UTC 2010

To complete these thoughts, there are a variety of ways to turn Bookshare
books into mp3 or Daisy files generated by other synthesizers which can be
read on the NLS player.  The easiest, and most expensive, involve either
Kurzweil 1000 or Open Book.  Those can produce Daisy files generated by
whatever voice is on your computer.  Other programs like Text Out Loud can
produce mp3 files, then there is a free program to turn them into Daisy
files.  We can discuss this further if it is pertinent.

Dean