[gui-talk] Crackling sound with my laptop

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun Jun 13 02:51:26 UTC 2010

I think this issue was discussed on this list some time ago, but I didn't
pay any attention then.

I have an Acer laptop running XP Home, and I'm using Jaws 11 latest build.
Frequently, the sound crackles like a 1920s long-distance call or bad AM
radio.

MY IT guy says he installed the latest drivers for the sound card, etc., but
the problem persists. I know I could get a USB sound car, but would prefer
not to.

Any ideas?
Joel
consists/ diP.S. I'm gonna post this question to the new Jaws Lite list,
too, so Qubit, don't worry. :-)
pst