[gui-talk] about HP printer

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Sat Jun 5 01:43:41 UTC 2010

Hello,
I have a question: I have an HP printer.  But since my computer
crashed, I want to be able to use it with a laptop.  My sister
has a laptop running Windows vista, and sometimes she prints
stuff out of it with my printer, and it works fine.  Now, The
other day I plugged it into my laptop, and after the message
"Found new hardware: hpdeskjet," it tells me that I have to
install the necessary software for it from the CD that came with
the printer, otherwise it won't work.  I don't have a cd for that
printer.  So I can't install its driver.  I was wondering, why
when my sister plugged it into her laptop with windows vista, my
printer works fine for her, but when I insert it into my Windows
XP laptop, it doesn't work because I need the driver? Is there
anything I need to do? Any ideas or work-arounds I may try?
For your information: My laptop runs windows XP, JAWS 9.0, and my
printer name is HP Deskjet 3600 series.  Any comments are
welcome.

cheers, Humberto