[gui-talk] Fwd: Hardware Synthesizers in 64 Bit Environment

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Tue Jun 1 09:37:54 UTC 2010

----------Original Message----------
 From:    Tony Swartz tbswartz at ptd.net
 To:      pc-audio at pc-audio.org

In my business I do quite a bit of sound editing, so I prefer to isolate the
voicing of my screen reader away from what I'm editing. This can be achieved
in several ways such as routing a screen readers output to a separate sound
card or through the use of a hardware synthesizer.  Through the years I have
invested in several hardware synthesizers from Access Solutions. When I
moved to Windows 7 64 bit, in the absence of 64 bit drivers, I found that
the synthesizers were not supported by my screen reader.
When I expressed my frustration to Mike Cozzolino, owner of Access
Solutions, he took up the cause and has developed 64 bit drivers for both
the triple-talk usb and the dectalk usb. In several months he should have
the 64 bit driver completed for the triple-talk PCI, as well. To his credit,
he is making the 64 bit drivers available at no cost to previous customers.
If you'd like to look further into hardware synthesizers in the 64 bit
environment, his website is:

http://www.axsol.com

Thanks,
Tony Swartz