[gui-talk] Fwd: Audio tutorial on Internet Broadcasting Now Available

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Tue Jun 1 04:48:49 UTC 2010

 From:    Jonathan Mosen jmosen at mosen.org
 To:      pc-audio at pc-audio.org

It's been asked for a lot over the years, and now, Mushroom FM has just
published an audio tutorial on Internet broadcasting for screen reader
users.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, but you're not sure
how all this Internet broadcasting malarkey works, we can help you out.
Jonathan Mosen and Brian Hartgen have developed The Mushroom FM Fun guys
Guide to Internet Broadcasting. This is an audio tutorial that will help get
you up and running. The tutorial runs for 3 hours 20 minutes, and covers
things like:

A detailed look at StationPlaylist Studio that shows how to set up and run
this software in an Internet broadcast situation. You'll learn about the
benefits of using a mixer, how to cope with requests, how to use cart
machines and more.
A look at options for getting your broadcast to the Internet, including
using facilities within StationPlaylist Studio, using free Winamp tools, or
the optional StationPlaylist Streamer.
Using the Sam Encoders with soon to be released JAWS scripts to optimise
your streaming experience.
A session where you hear all the tools we've discussed in action as an
actual radio show goes to air.
A brief overview of StationPlaylist Creator and how it can be used to make
live Internet broadcasting easier.

The tutorial is available for free download in two formats. The DAISY
version can be played using DAISY playback software on your PC, such as the
free FSReader that is included with JAWS 11 and above. It can also be played
on portable devices such as the Victor Reader Stream, Book Sense, Plextalk
Pocket and Bookport Plus. The DAISY file is a little bigger to download,
however the DAISY navigation makes moving between sections of the tutorial
very easy.

The MP3 version of the tutorial can be played on your PC or any MP3 capable
device.

Both tutorial files have identical content, they are only different formats.
Both downloads are zip files. You can extract them using the built-in zip
support in Windows.

To get this free Internet broadcasting tutorial, just head on over to
http://www.MushroomFM.com <blocked::http://www.mushroomfm.com/>  and choose
the "Become a Presenter" link.

We hope you find it helpful.

Jonathan