[gui-talk] Iphone/voiceover question

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Jul 31 22:12:39 UTC 2010

Hi, Ray.
(1) VoiceOver announces headings but no "links list view" insofar as I am
aware.

(2) VoiceOver uses the ScanSoft voices such as Samantha. However, it does
have a plethora of languages and one can select Karen from Australia and
Emily from Great Britain. Regretably, I haven't found Steffi from Germany
yet (I think it has Yaneck who isn't nearly as, um, alluring). But the
quality is excellent.

(3) iPod and Mac apps are definitely different and you'll probably have to
get separate apps for some of the radio feeds you want on the iPod. However,
one app, TuneIn Radio, has many, many stations including the Detroit station
you wish to hear. It has all or almost all of the stations you can hear via
http://radiotime.com on your PC including many of the NOAA weather channels
and quite a few police and fire scanners.

Mike