[gui-talk] Fwd: Victor Reader Stream List Changing Ownership

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Jul 30 05:27:02 UTC 2010

From:  Jamie Pauls

As I write this post, it is hard to comprehend that it has been almost three
years since I took on the role as owner and moderator of the Victor Reader
Stream list. I have made many mistakes as a list moderator and learned much
in the process. I am proud to say that the culture of this list today is one
of goodwill and cooperation among the membership. At over 600 members, that
is quite an accomplishment.
It has become increasingly apparent to me over the past several months that
it is time for me to pass the torch to someone else. My duties as producer
and host of ACB Radio's Main Menu program, my work responsibilities as a
music therapist working in a state school, a music appreciation instructor
at a community college, a board member and Sunday school teacher at my
church, and a keyboard player in a couple bands not to mention spending time
with my wife and two cats keeps me quite busy. To put it plainly, something
has to give.
The person who has accepted the post of owner and moderator of the list has
been a long-time list member who has posted many helpful instructions over
the years and visited with me privately about many matters list-related and
otherwise. He was an encouragement to me when I was about ready to chuck the
whole thing. I'm glad I didn't do that, because I can now place this most
excellent list into the capable hands of Brian Lingard.
I am certain Brian will have a different moderating style than I did, but I
trust you will all work with him as respectfully as you have with me. I will
stick around as a list member like the rest of you, and I will be excited to
watch Brian take the list and Web site to a whole new level.
If you wish to post comments to me privately, please send them to the
following address jamiepauls at gmail.com

Sincerely,
Jamie Pauls

Regards Steve