[gui-talk] Fwd: India has developed the world's cheapest computer

James Pepper b75205 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 02:37:26 UTC 2010

Well there are a few things that will make it even more complicated for
you.  It uses 7 bit programming so they can incorporate all of the
characters of Indian languages. There is also a move to use various indian
languages in programming instead of English.  On the other hand, India has a
higher percentage of the blind in its population than any other nation on
the earth, so they have a good incentive to make this as accessible as
possible.  This computer is being sent out to 50 million people to enable
communications, it i a government program to connect people together all
over India. Literate people. But on the other hand it is so rudimentary that
you will not have a lot of the problems you pick up in complex
programs elsewhere.

James Pepper