[gui-talk] I thought I understood simple Windows concepts, but maybe I don't!

Dean Martineau dean at topdotenterprises.com
Thu Jul 22 05:29:52 UTC 2010

So I always thought I knew how to select and bold text in Word 2007.  I have
a line of text I want to bold.  I hit shift+end to select it, but I only
want this line bolded.  As it happens, there are a couple space characters
at the end of the line, so I hit shift+left arrow to unselect them.  Then I
hit ctrl+b.  What I thought I understood but apparently don't is that those
unselected space characters are indicated as being bold, and any text I type
after them is also bold.  I would have expected that only the highlighted
text is bolded and anything after it would not be.  I'm just amazed at my
ignorance.

Dean