[gui-talk] Microsoft security essentials

Ray Foret Jr rforetjr at comcast.net
Tue Jul 13 02:16:20 UTC 2010

I will have much to say later with regard to the fact that Windows users seem to easily take offense when we Mac users point out how much better the Mac is.  For now, I will say only this.  It's a question of being k to what you know.  Windows users take offense when we say the Mac is better because, for some reason, we may sometimes tend to give off an air of arrogant superiority.  At least, that's how the Windows user sometimes perceives what we say.  Maybe the reason is because we do give that off without really meaning to. IF a person wants to use Windows, that's their business.  IF a person wants to use a Mac, that's their business.  Somebody else may decide to put a pox on both houses and use UNIX or Linux instead.  Again, that's up to them.  Back in my Windows days, I thought that the Mac users were snobbish and arrogant.  I thought that not only were they saying that their operating system was better than Windows, but, that they themselves as people were better too.  What a turn off that was.  For the record, I don't think Windows users are worse people than Mac users; and, I think most Mac users don't think so either.  It's usually just a question of perception.

More later.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

E-Mail: