[gui-talk] FS Reader: What am I doing wrong?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun Jul 4 00:47:56 UTC 2010

I want to use FS Reader to read several entire magazines that I've emailed
to myself, as offered on NFB Newsline.

Then I saved the attachments (using the Save All button before pressing
Save) to a folder I named c:\daisy books\

So far, so good, right? All the files are there, several for each issue of
each magazine, with a variety of file extensions.

So then I launch FS Reader from its Deskto; icon, press Control O to open
one of my magazines, but the list window that opens beneath the Open Command
(I'm just imagining above or below or whatever) says zero contents. No
files, no titles to click on.

I looked in Daisy help, but much of it consists of how to use FS Reader to
play FS training materials, and there's nothing as basic as my question
here.

I'm missing a step or something. Yes, yes, I could read articles online, if
I wished. But I feel challenged to learn how to use the FS Readeer., since
it came full-fledged and free with Jaws 11.

Thanks,
Joel