[gui-talk] Itunes and Windows

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Fri Jul 2 17:02:01 UTC 2010

I am having an issue with Itunes, that is perhaps more of a Windows
issue.

I am using a dell desktop with 512 MB RAM, yes, and old computer, and
Windows XP SP3 with all updates.

I have been trying to upgrade my iPhone to the latest software.  I
connect the iPhone via USB.  Itunes launches and I am offered the
dialogue for the upgrade.  After clicking a couple of "nexts", the
process starts.  But about 80% of the way through, a dialogue pops up
that says "Itunes has encountered a problem, and needs to close", and I
am offered an opportunity to send an error report to Microsoft, so I
know that it is a Windows issue.  I have followed suggestions offered,
such as disabling my firewall and uninstalling and reinstalling itunes,
but nothing I have tried has helped.  Any other thoughts?

Andy