[gui-talk] Advice on running installer for new Winemp, please

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun Jan 31 18:31:08 UTC 2010

Well, I'll admit I forgot to click on Winamp agent in my task tray to see if
it had some setting to stop the update notices from coming onscreen and
blocking me from operating Winamp when it launched. My bad.

But then, in my frustration, I uninstalled my version of Winamp, which left
behind a subfolder of plug-ins, found (with some difficulty) a download link
for the new free build, and ran the installer program.

but although some of its dialogues were familiar from previous experience,
not all did, or maybe I forgot to switch to the Jaws cursor to read them. I
don't know. I just got freaked out. So at some point, I pressed the Cancel
button and gave up. But I still have the install file, and I'm ready to try
again if only someone who's installed this latest build will reassure me
with any new instructions for the process.

Sorry I can't be any more specific about what frazzled me. I just kind of
burned out and couldn't think clearly at some point.

Thanks,
Joel