[gui-talk] Clickable

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 01:46:45 UTC 2010

To do what Bud talked about in JAWS, you would turn off the virtual
cursor with Insert Z and then press enter. Turn the virtual cursor
back on with Insert Z. I've heard that if you pres either control
enter or control shift enter, that this opens those clickable elements
on web pages. I honestly haven't thought of routing JAWS to PC cursors
and trying that method, but don't see why it wouldn't work. Frankly,
I've learned that if it doesn't say "link" in any part of the name,
such as link clickable element, then I can't open it with enter.
Though this is different when using a web application like Google
Docs, since nothing says link, but many places if you press enter on
something, it activates or opens and presents more options. I'd
definitely recommend, if you can, staying up to date with JAWS and/or
Internet Explorer, since the web is where it seems that many things
are going to intersect with or are going.

Good luck,
Wayne