[gui-talk] Fwd: upgrade to MS Word script for Window-Eyes

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Jan 15 07:54:34 UTC 2010

 From:    Chip Orange lists3717 at comcast.net
 To:      gw-info at gwmicro.com

Hi all,

I have released version 1.40 of the MS Word script.

In addition to fixing a bug, I have added the ability to read column titles
in Word tables (header rows as Word calls them).

I use the settings in the set file for: verbosity > browseMode > tables to
control what is read and when, although right now, I only read column
titles, not row titles as of yet.  This is different in that all other Word
verbosity options are in the Word group of settings; this will be the first
one (as far as I know), outside the Word grouping.

A column title can be forced to be the first row by these settings, or can
be set to only read if the Word header row format property has been set.
Word allows this to be set for any number of rows at the top of the table,
and the script will read all of them as the column title if more than one is
used, if the setting is "attribute only" in the radio button, or "header
attribute override" in the associated checkbox.

It normally will only read a column title when you change columns, but if
the radio button is set to "column and row", it will read it each time you
change cells.

I also plan to recognize a system of specially named bookmarks, for
identifying a table header row or column, as introduced by another reader.
this "standard" was publicized enough that I occasionally see it in
recommendations for how to make a Word document "accessible".

enjoy,

Chip

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net