[gui-talk] Grouping addresses was OE Question

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Jan 12 16:14:40 UTC 2010

David:

With respect, experimentation and a little perseverence will get you far.
That's how the rest of us learned. (grin)

Go to your address book. Hit Control+G to get to the group definition
dialogue box. Name the group by putting the name in the name field. Then tab
over and press space on the "Select Members" button. This brings you to a
dialogue box where you can type in addresses or select them from the
addressbook. Either way, once you have typed in an address or selected it
from the address book (the list is shown in a field you get to by tabbing a
few times), tab to the "Select" button; hot key is Alt+T so you can stay on
the address list or name field and not have to tab to the button and press
it with spacebar. AS you select members, a list will accumulate in a field
past the "select" button so if you wish, you can tab over and see whom you
have selected. When you have populateed the group, tab over pas*past* the
list of members in the group and hit spacebar on the "OK" button. Then tab
over and *again* hit spacebar on "OK". You may have to do this a third time
but I don't think so. At this point, you'll be back in the addressbook
itself and can just hit ESCAPE to get back to the main view.

Sometimes it takes going thru this twice to get it but if you follow the
sequence carefully, defining the group is easy.

Mike