[gui-talk] teaching keyboarding

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:21:54 UTC 2010

There is another one called Type Ability which directly interfaces
with JAWS and Word Pad. It is available from Yess Accessible at:

www.YesAccessible.com

I don't recall the price off hand. I work at the Criss Cole
Rehabilitation Center, in Austin, Texas, and we're in the process of
implementing this typing program for our students. As with any
program, it has some quirks, but it's overall a good program and our
students seem to like it. By quirks I don't mean bad things, but just
some things that might set it apart from other programs, such as being
able to set the type of language spoken to either be for kids or for
adults. The kids profile tells "jokes" at the end of each lesson, and
the adult profile does not. This feature is user definable though.

Regards,
Wayne